Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the long and the short of it

In the past ten years I have grown my hair out at least 5 times only to come to the point where I am standing in the bathroom mirror with the scissors in my hand ready to hack it all off. I have only been brave enough to go for the pixie once. My go to hair cut is the Vidal Sassoon style angled bob. Though I have never had it professionally done in a salon-I am pretty good at getting it done myself. As I have mentioned in the past, right now I am going for length, but in the meantime I found these amazing cuts from Sassoon through the ages to keep in the back of my mind for when the inevitable day comes in that bathroom mirror again.














4 comments:

Emz said...

Those are really cool slick bobs. I wish I could pull off a bob

The Queen of Hearts said...

Now I want to cut it all off again...such classic inspiration.

http://derherzen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

ah this time is over, but the hair style should remains!

Lauren said...

I am the opposite- I almost always default to some variation of the pixie cut. They're just so cute, and easy to trim yourself because if it looks a little hacked, it just looks like it's styled that way.

But now, sigh, I am determined to grow my hair long, at least this once. It is so hard not to give up and cut it, especially when I see photos like these.