Sunday, March 20, 2011

showgirls


Last Sunday Tracy & I were lucky enough to score free tickets to the 2011 Philadelphia Flower Show for the second year in a row. So like last year we donned our prettiest floral dresses and started the day with a delicious brunch at Farmicia in Old City. You can't beat a brunch happy hour (1/2 price bubbly!) and local organic eats. When we had our fill we headed over to the Convention Center for the show. This year's theme was Springtime in Paris. While the displays were lovely and had me longing to be back in the City of Light, I think I preferred the more elaborate and conceptual pieces that were in the show the year before. Attending on the last day always has the benefit of getting the retail goods at super cheap prices and of course I could not pass up two bunches of fresh cut flowers and two giant hanging Boston Ferns. They are already looking super happy and healthy in my back patio. All that plant and flower arranging got me totally inspired to get my container garden cleaned up and ready for seeding & planting. Some of last year's plants & herbs are already coming back! Stay tuned for more garden updates...




















No comments: