Saturday, February 13, 2010

love story


I have never been one to get wrapped up in today's modern commercialized and manufactured holidays--most especially Valentine's Day. With that said, anyone close to me knows that I am a total sucker for nostalgia. Old fashioned ideas of handmade Victorian Valentines, sweeties and suitors leave me longing to be a damsel of simpler times. Valentine's Day never appealed to me as a particular day to make a fuss over anyone. It has instead held a place for me for other things like memories of bringing home my first kitten or a first kiss, or simply just a day to reflect on my love and appreciation for my sweet friends, amazing family and myself. But just to keep in the spirit of things...































2 comments:

Line&Trine said...

I think you got a great blog, do now follow you! have a look at our blog, if you want to
-Trine

Rachel Dangerfield said...

I love the snowy kiss :) Hope your Valentine's day was smashing...