Tuesday, December 30, 2008

trendspotting:shoulder dusters

So the word is that big chunky, dangling, bold earrings will be all the rage for spring '09. They were seen all over the runways during fashion week.






I have been a fan of this look ever since I became aware of Edie Sedgwick in junior high. I was mesmerized by her huge chandelier earrings. Most of the time she made them herself by linking more than one pair together until they grazed her collar bone. This trend comes and goes often in fashion and can always work when worn the right way.











I have been gathering a collection of these big beauties for a very long time now. Here are some favorites from my personal collection.







7 comments:

heather said...

so amazing. can't wait to see what you have in your store for spring!

this wheel's on fire said...

I adore this look! Happy New Year!!

molly said...

LOVE the beaded blue ones and the feathered ones!

Chelsea's Girl said...

Love this post! Ahh all these earrings are so much fun! Love your blog.

sertonina said...

you have a lot earrings. I love almost all. I lately has bougth some big earrings because i believe that to do a very pretty ear!! kisses happy new year

TMFA said...

Hmm. I am not sure if I dig it. It is sure nice on certain girls, but if the whole world will go big earrings in 2009 - whooott?!

LF said...

new to your blog and Love your inspirational photos!! This is such a grand earring collection!! The first are sooo glamourous!

Jess