Tuesday, June 3, 2008

weekend warrior


It started on Friday and ended last night. This was a long, fun weekend. After closing shop for the day I went out to dinner at one of my favorite spots-Radicchio Cafe tucked away at 4th & Wood in Old City. Sidewalk seating with the sun setting while drinking an excellent red wine-you can't beat it. After dinner, on our way to hail a cab, my date and I found a great plaque in the sidewalk that was a map of Center City. I love these kinds of things-historical markers, fun facts, old maps.

Once we got a taxi we headed to Atlantis-The Lost Bar at Frankford Avenue & Hagert Street to see a friend and celebrate her birthday. I was way too busy socializing and didn't take any pictures. Wish that I did though. This bar not only boasts a pool table and cozy dark wood decor it also houses a huge fishtank behind the bar. And it's pretty dive-y and under the radar.
Saturday I recovered from Friday and spent the day and night working. On Sunday Tracy & I met up with some lady friends and made a pilgrimage to the Roxy Theater to see the Sex & The City movie. I enjoyed the movie and being out for a night in Center City even more. It was also fun to see the line up outside the theater full of girls in their version of a Sex in the City outfit. I even recall hearing some squealing before they let us in. Strange & funny.





Last night was ladies' night. Oh boy. Tracy & I started the day early and grabbed breakfast at the Down Home Diner in the Reading Terminal Market. Afterwards we bought up some fresh veggies, fish, cheese and local wine from Blue Mountain Vineyard. Later we prepared the food at Tracy's and set up the deck for the night's festivities with a little help from Tiny dog.




The ladies arrived around 7pm and came with plenty of wine. We dinned as sun went down on the most delicious buttery sea bass, grilled asparagus & baked potatoes. The wine flowed as freely as the conversation. It was great to see the girls all at once and to catch up. So many laughs!










1 comment:

C-Ann said...

This looks like sooo much fun! When is the next ladies' night? I would love to attend. When Joe and I get settled in our new NJ digs, I will host the ladies' nights of all ladies' nights! Keep me posted. There is nothing better than good conversation and good wine (and good wine-filled conversation)!
P.S. I just discovered your blog. It's so fun and inspiring. I may just even start my own...